Take a look around...

Friday, June 6, 2014

Life at Warp Speed

Well my long lost blog-o-riffic readers...there aren't enough apologies or words to explain for my absence from the blogging world...so all I'll say is...life is moving at warp speed.

And not cheesy 1977 Star Trek special effects warp speed, but legit, feel like i've zoomed into another dimension warp speed.

I've thought about blogging and sharing a post more than once over the past few weeks, but words seemed to do no justice for the amount of progress I'm making in the area of building a fitness and health coaching career. In the interest of keeping things under w
Oh yeah, and this baby is my next tattoo!
rap until I know 100% they are all a go - I'm going to keep the mystery element in play (sorry! I've learned too many times - keep your trap shut until it is real and tangible!). 


What I can say is that if you put the work in, pour your heart, soul and energy into what you REALLY want your life to look like...you can, CAN, make it happen. The main thing is to not let fear pull the rug out from under your feet. To not let the big, scary "unknown" take you down and beat you into "safe" submission. I'm learning there is no giving up. I used to believe in it..."oh that won't work. that's too hard. screw that. what's the use? I give up".

Not anymore. No more excuses.

I look at my life and think about the things I've survived and how I took those things and found a way to thrive. Things that at the time crushed my heart and my spirit. But in the face of it, when the smoke had cleared, I learned how to THRIVE. I don't think it is an accident how interchangeable those two words can become "thrive" vs "survive". You make that choice. I chose and choose thrive. And I'm starting to see the fruition of all the work I've put in. It's startling really.

And yes, I'm petrified. Petrified I'm not really equipped for the future I'm building. Terrified that everything I think I know isn't nearly enough to lead others, to pave paths for those that need the brush cleared for them...but I know that is fear again...trying to convince me to live a simpler, easier existence. But there is no substitution for growth, for changing, for transformation - to be challenged and afraid is necessary (in this instance anyway) in order to grow and change and prosper. And it is important in a way I've never felt before...the thought that who am I to keep a gift to myself that was meant to be shared, to help others, to help them find their courage. I was left a legacy by my mom...and it is my job to carry it on in a way that suits who I am. I have found that way. That way has no easy outs or easy routes. That way involves learning, reading, researching, preparing for tests, passing certifications, living and walking the talk...and I'm ready for that...mostly because I had already begun a year ago...but it wasn't until the past 1-2 months I realized...I was ready.

Body Made Better has a fourth word to it now...Body Made Better Fitness. Trademarking is in progress. And the website...if you haven't already seen it is up and running. Client inquiries have begun, facilities are being evaluated...my special populations once it is time to further my certs will be women, teen girls and older adults. I want strength to be the focus. Because strength, for me, is when everything changed. When everything transformed...empowered, confident, fierce in a way never knew existed in my petite 4'11 frame. I want every woman to FEEL that way...and to not feel one moment of intimidation by picking up a weight. That's part of my journey and mission too...and although I'm no muscle bound, ripped ab woman...i'm stronger than I've ever been. And so focused on the "real" world implementation of bringing strength to the masses of women that want to but have let fear or worry deny them a rightful access and passage to a stronger them.

Like I said, there is so much in the works right now that it makes my head spin. All the while still holding down a weekly 40 hour "day job". But that's sacrifice for a greater good...and that's my own version of my mother's legacy.

I'm feeling awfully lucky, blessed and supported these days by my close little circle of friends and my mentor Holly Perkins. My boyfriend of 5 1/2 years is part of this team. He decided in April to turn his health around...this too was a weight lifted from my heart and worry I could put to bed. His desire to change his life only strengthened my belief that the reason there has been such courage and drive from me in the past two months is because he inspired me to push harder. If he could completely turn his life around and how he eats, lives, exists in his body..than what was my excuse for not going all the way everyday?

So this blog and my latest prospective successes...whether he knows it or not...have an awful lot to do with his courage to change. It helped me find mine.

Find your strong,
Rachel

PS...I've got a bike ride to go on tomorrow...one where I actually pedal (vs my man's motorcycle...vroommm!). Oh? When did that happen? Bike riding? Check out my latest article in RI FIT Magazine "My Purple Huffy"


No comments:

Post a Comment