Take a look around...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Forever and a day since i blogged...

Ohhhh my blogoriffic readers...so sorry if it seemed as if i deserted this blog...i promise i have not. SO much was going on in my personal life (vs my fit life) that it directly impacted anything i normally had going on such as blogging, etc, etc.

Well - enough excuses - I'm happy to report I'm BACK! Yay! After having to go out on medical leave and find a new job during that interim (because the stress of the old job literally was making me ill) - I'm thrilled to report I'm off med leave and started with a wonderful little company this past week as Office Manager. Yay and yay. The studying for my personal trainer cert has had to go on hold because there is some "day job" stuff that i'm now interested in getting more knowledge on (project management) but this does not mean I'm giving up on the trainer goal, but practicality means I must shift priority a bit.

All during the med leave I was hitting the gym quite a bit (you know, because I had a lot of time on my hands...really too much...7 weeks off work...sounds great I know because I had TDI coming in and it was summer...but honestly, it was killing me!) - so I was doing some great weight training. Love way the bod starts to change when I focus on the muscles, but I was not running due to injury. The spin bike was helping keep the cardio up but it just wasn't the same. ANYWAY...now that i'm back working and the groin pull is feeling better, i have been able to fit in some short runs (3-4 miles...yay with little to no pain!). BUT now i'm having a hard time getting my ass to the gym for continued weight training. Balancing is SO hard for me. I either want to do one thing or the other...I am a woman of extremes, always have been, always will be. So the plan for me is to, plainly said...just keep moving. Ideally a few runs a week (nothing extreme...slow and steady...lessons finally learned) - and squeeze in a couple weight training sessions at the gym each week. There is no reason I can't meet this goal...that saying "if it is important to you, you will find a way if not, you will find an excuse". Its true...so very very true.

So that's my story people...it was a very stressful, worrisome summer this year...one I care to not ever have to repeat. I like the new job, its not perfect, but nothing ever is. The sooner people make peace with the fact that things don't have to be perfect, to be good or satisfying, the easier life becomes. But don't get me started on that...its a blog post for another day.

Finally, in the midst of all this worrying, doctor appointments, no running, job hunting...my interview with Real Into was posted! I had no idea it was going live until I got around to checking my Body Made Better email a couple days ago. Check it out!

Below are some images from my latest two runs...it feels really awesome to be back out there....

Until next time fit-o-licious readers!

Stay strong,
Rachel

This was my first walk/run in a long while a couple weeks back. Felt pretty darn good and had some great company along the way :)

Mid week run this week! First straight through run in nearly two months! Happy happy!

This morning's run today - 4 MILES! Slow but I don't give a crap, straight through run...loved every second!
I did quite a bit of walking during my down time in place of the running.


No comments:

Post a Comment