Take a look around...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

vacation bound!

Figured I would sneak a post in before I head out on a 4 day vacation to Cancun, Mexico.   Am I excited?

Heck yeah! I am WAY overdue for a holiday beachside. Living as a New Englander, I've been having to tolerate a ridiculous amount of snow and cold this winter. And although I was born and raised here, I NEVER get used to the crappy winter weather!

Anyway, sun, sand and fruity drinks await me. During that time I won't be able to blog but I hope to return with some really happy stories and pictures galore. I am seriously contemplating bringing my running sneakers in case I want to go running around the resort at some point. I just adore the thought of running somewhere more exotic than my local park. Oh and there's a lovely little pic of what the resort looks like - this time tomorrow I will nearly be there!

I've decided to try to make peace with the whole bathing suit debacle. My favorite personal trainer Holly Perkins confirmed for me that if I can run 5+ miles I AM FIT, but that if the diet doesn't fall in line, your body may not reflect your level of fit. Somehow that gave me a sense of peace. Its good to know - I am FIT. I am making progress and testing my body's limits - but the sticking to a clean diet is proving to be challenging and THAT is what I am seeing when I look in the mirror. It does not reflect how hard I am working at times and that's my own doing. And I can own that now that I understand that I am still a fit person. Somehow that comforts me.

And to be honest, my Body Reboot got derailed when I got sick with some intestinal hell virus a couple weeks back (that i am still awaiting test results on!). My intention is to "reboot the reboot" when I get back from Mexico. I must MUST put myself first and eat what I want and need to eat. To do what is best for my body. I also think that I really do need to get my ass to the gym. I was more consistent about things when I kept going, it got me into a flow. But as far as the running, I've stayed true. And the cross fit 30 Day Shred workouts really DO help make me a better runner. I plan to get one of those killer workouts in today after work and then, hopefully, during my vaca I will go for that long awaited run in the sun, by the ocean in Cancun. This trip I will let myself truly enjoy and have fun and be proud of who I am and who I am striving to become...

...and I plan to do it in a two piece bathing suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment