Take a look around...

Monday, February 25, 2013

Back from Vacation!

Thanks for your patience my friendly blogoreaders!

I am back from Cancun...it was four glorious days of sun, sand, amazing HEALTHY food and yes, more than few Mojitos - but it was vacation afterall!

There is so much to share but for now, please check out my makeshift collage from the trip. I DID run on the beach - I'd guess about a mile and quarter. It was my first time and it was hot, and a strange sensation to run on sloped, packed sand. But I did it and am so proud to have gone outside my comfort zone!

In news NOT related to Cancun, I ran my furthest run today before work (went in at noon!). I ran 6.6 MILES!!!! I am SO ready for my first 10k on March 20th. I know that I have the power to make what I want happen if I'm willing to do the work. Also, inspired by the wonderful, fresh and CLEAN food offered at the resort, I'm SO committed to changing my diet. I felt 100% better staying away from processed foods, starch and breads. These things aren't the enemy but for me, avoiding them in my diet the past 4 days helped me see the light. So today, for lunch, I made a quick salad with fresh green grapes, flaxseed, feta cheese and a cranberry balsamic dressing. YUM!!!

Anyway my friends - I will be back with another more in depth, post Cancun wrap-up but had to reach out to say "I'm backkkkk!"









No comments:

Post a Comment