Take a look around...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

love letter run

Happy Valentine's Day to all you blog-o-licious readers!

I'm very excited because today after work I'll be running the For the Love of the Kids virtual "Valentine's Day 5k"! This will be my 4th 5k race. I'm really growing addicted to these things. Next one up is a virtual 10k for the end of March. I'm especially excited about the Valentine's Run though because of the sweet Valentine bling that you get sent to you after you complete the race. It will be my very first bling - yay!

I find it especially fitting that my first bling from a race is a heart. As if I haven't stressed it enough, I'm really very in love with running. And I think the reason the love is so strong is because its something I never, ever expected to become a central part of my life and a part of who I am.

I am inspired to confess my reasons for loving the run after ready this particular post from The Healthy Nest. It is her love letter to running. In light of this I felt compelled to confess my own reasons for loving the run - so here it goes.

My dearest run - here are some reasons why I love you:


You love me regardless of whether I run a 10min mile or a 12min mile.


You help me to forget every problem, every worry - virtually erasing, albeit temporarily, any type of stress or anxiety.
   
You never judge me. You accept me as I am. Completely.



You make me feel strong, beautiful and invincible.


You never ask for more than you have already given.



You give me courage in the face of fear or doubt.



You allow me to see how beautiful life truly is.



You inspire me to reach further, push harder and never give up.


You help me to reconnect to the memory of my mother and fill my heart with tearful joy.


So running, these are just a few of the reasons I love you so...I'm sure more reasons will be added year after year...but mostly, I'm just grateful that you came to me despite my doubt, despite my pushback - you knew all along I needed you.

And you were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment