Take a look around...

Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Before"

Happy Sunday my blogo-readers!

Well today is another busy one, but not so busy that I won't be jumping into day one of Jillian's 30 Day Shred! That's right, I will be tackling it despite a stubborn head cold. Otherwise, my energy level is feeling good and that's what is most important!

Next up, a few words about my "before" pictures that I posted yesterday. I hope I am not alone in this...but it seems I am still thinking of my body and view my body as still similar to how it was "pre-healthy-lifestyle change" and "pre-i love running" last summer. When I took the pics, and then looked at them I thought something was wrong. That there was some sort of trick in the mirror or the camera or something...because I thought to myself, holy crap...my body has really changed. And it seems I was blind to it. And then, I felt silly about posting them...yes I am being plain and honest. The truth is when I look in the mirror everyday I am not seeing what the camera showed me yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise. But the truth is, I want to take a next step...I want to build muscle and I want to challenge myself. I am not happy with "good enough" any more. And hence, that is why I posted the "before" pics..because I need to see what happens when I go the extra distance. And of course, all this additional strengthening and cross training will make me a better runner - which of course makes me happy!

I am realizing that there is so much more to learn about transforming your body...but more importantly I am learning the impact it has on your spirit and your outlook on life. It's pretty incredible. And it is something I want every woman (and man!) to know...that you really do hold the power to change and transform...I am still on this journey...and it is proving to be eye opening . For better or for worse, and I guess yesterday's pics were a better moment. Progress is a beautiful thing...it is empowering. And it fuels the fire. I find myself inspired by so many others that are on similar journeys but each path is different, that is what makes us all unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment