Take a look around...

Monday, January 7, 2013

resolution check-off!

As mentioned in my previous blog entry, one of my runner resolutions was to register (and complete of course) another 5k prior to my 10k in June. Well I registered for The Love of the Kids 2nd Annual Valentine's 5K Race! This is the same charity that I just completed the virtual New Year's Resolution Run (in snow/ice/20 degree weather mind you!). I love these virtual runs because I can do them on my own, within a 2-3 day window of opportunity to complete and I can pick my own route. I'd like to train for a better 5k time than I had in my October 20th race, which should be very doable since I'm running a faster pace at this point now anyway. I'll receive an adorable Valentine's Race shirt AND...taadaaadaaaa...a completion medal! It will be my first. And the registration fee goes to a worthy cause...how can I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment