Take a look around...

Thursday, February 20, 2014

she was down, but now she's out!

Hellooooo my precious blog-o-riffic readers...OY! What a couple weeks it has been for my health. Just no bueno, not even remotely bueno! The good news is I am starting to slowly come back to life after feeling so horrific for so long. This sinus infection/cold bug/germ from hell thing I caught really did a number on me. Threw me off track in the biggest of ways, and this was the kind of thing where the old "i'll just push through it" wasn't a smart option. 

I learned THAT the hard way. My worst relapse was a week ago Tuesday when I decided to hit the gym and do two 10:15 minute mile run on the treadmill. Not smart when your body is screaming "LET ME REST!".

Anywho, i'm finally on the mend after much rest, meds and more rest. I know we've heard it before but the importance of getting 8 hours of sleep a night is HUGE. I always underestimated it, but I swear the only thing that brought me back from the brink of "how can i go on vacation" anxiety was committing to rest and sleep those 8 hours every night. And it worked wonders.

I'm in the midst of working on a completely NEW website which will integrate my soon to be offered services (health coaching and personal training!) along with all the information on this lovely blogsite. I'm still working out some of the logistics of it all, but it is coming together nicely. 

Mostly, I'm just excited to be going on vacation tomorrow. 9 glorious days in warmer temps with NO snow. The end of the trip in Cali is looking like there may be some rain, but ya know what? So what! I plan to really enjoy every moment of this vacation with my man and come back renewed and re-energized.

Things will be quiet on the blog while I'm away, but feel free to check my instagram acct, I'll be sure to have pretty picture updates from the sunny west coast! (instagram.com/bodymadebetter). My account is private, so feel free to just request friendship and I'll add you!

stay strong and stay positive!
Rachel


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your vacation! :) Update us when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete