Take a look around...

Friday, January 31, 2014

And the beat goes on...with lots'o'news!

Good day my virtual friends!

I realize its been a week since I gave a proper update, I'll blame that on the crazy, busy and productive things that have been happening in my little world! Where to begin???



Well, let's start that I just received my first "brand ambassadorship"! So super duper excited...I am officially a Brand Ambassador for Swirlgear. What is it you ask? It is a kick-ass line of running clothes specifically for women. The company was founded in 2006 by Lacie Whyte. Their apparel is made of moisture-wicking fabric with flattering cuts for the female bod and they use spray-dyed colors which make this line stand out. So thrilled to be a part of a women's movement in running apparel. And the other thing I love? Their tagline - "Strength. Spirit. Style." I couldn't relate more if I tried! I'll be providing a separate page on here that provides more info and look out for a free shipping code from me that you can use on your orders!

Next up, I had a second article published in the online version of the magazine RI Fit! It is a more polished version of one of my blog posts "Confessions of a Newbie Vegetarian". Absolutely adore being a contributor to this magazine. Its hard copy launch is next month and I will have my transformation story featured in an upcoming printed issue. As soon as I have the details, trust me, I'll broadcast it on this here blog!

On the running front, been draggin' ass. The weather has been so brutally cold that I only got out once this week and did a piddly 2 miler in -2 "feel like" temps. Oy! Plan on getting 5 miles in tomorrow before the man and I scoot off over the weekend for a little overnight get away. Going to see the hysterical Amy Schumer...the man bought us tickets as part of my Christmas gift...SO flipping FUN!

On the upside, I did get my butt back to the gym this week and did some INTENSE muscle sessions. I felt like really pushing myself and move outside my comfort zone. Two days later and I'm STILL sore...and thrilled!

Hmmm, what else? I've been asked to donate a fitness assessment and 3 training sessions for a silent auction in June for Big Brothers/Big Sisters (so honored!) AND a dear group of friends are looking for me to take them on as more test clients for my health coaching/training work. I have SO much work to do to prepare this spring and summer for making the transition into health/wellness career, but I'm ready to take it on. I'm starting to see real life slivers of my dreams transform into reality and it is just uber exciting!

Lastly, as I shared before, I am now a Train Dirty Fitness Ambassador! I will admit, I had no idea
what an incredible group of like-minded women I was joining. The facebook group boards are active EVERY single day with thoughts, ideas, inspirations and some cheeky pictures of sexy men to keep us girls' mojo goin'...LOL...they call it "cup of Joe time"! I'm wrestling pretty hard with an opportunity to go to NYC for a weekend in late April to take live workshops in TDF HIIT class certification AND TDF Bootcamp certification. Wrestling HARD because it is a bit of an investment, but in my heart I feel like it is just one more stepping stone to getting me closer to the dreams I'm envisioning as my life. I'm going to consider it long and hard over this weekend and make the decision on Monday as to whether I will sign up. Decisions, decisions!

Well - this was a helluva a mish mash of post updates!

Oh and one more thing! I got my hair PROPERLY cut and the nails did last night. This girl is going to need to start to pay attention to how I'm presenting myself as the dreams turn to goals and the goals turn into living a life that is filled to the brim with passion and a genuine need to help build others up.

stay strong my friends,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment