Take a look around...

Friday, October 5, 2012

Its about the journey...

All I can say is YAY! I ran today, for the first time in 2 weeks. It ended up being an early evening run vs my usual early morning. I felt I needed to be really at my best and fueled fully and early morning wouldn't work best for this re-entry into my running schedule.

I can tell you that although I needed to set myself back a week or more on the Couch to 5K training, its worth it to make sure I don't over do it. Felt great even though I could tell the time away definitely impacted my progress. But its progress I will gain back. Below is my screenshot from my MapMyRun app....something went a little wonky with it (note the MAX #????) but the calorie burn and pace/speed seem about right. I did just over 2 miles in 31 minutes (at a walk/run pace) so I was sort of pleased with that all in all.


I felt some slight soreness not long after the run in my hip/leg but very little. I did some moving around/stretching along with an Ibuprofen and it seemed to completely remedy any ache I had. The key here is for me to realize how important STRETCHING is...both before and now, I realize, after as well.

All in all, I'm thrilled. I am anxious to get back the leaness I started to witness in my body back when I was doing this religiously but all in good time. 

And in this particular case, for me, the joy is found in the journey, not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment