Take a look around...

Friday, September 28, 2012

off track

So today, I want to talk about getting off track.

No, I haven't totally derailed...I haven't been eating processed foods or totally falling off the workout wagon...but since hurting my hip and having to quit running (temporarily, although it feels like forever) - i've derailed. More mentally than anything. My high energy, optimistic outlook which was produced and propelled by my healthy lifestyle change is nearly non existent. It mostly is a result, I believe, in my lack of consistency of diet again. Once again, I've fallen off the protein wagon...many of the healthy eating staples of my diet to date have fallen away...for multiple reasons. But reasons equal excuses, and i'm not one for excuses so...starting in this very moment. I will begin again. I will learn to love the elliptical until my body re-aligns itself and is okay to run. I will push back on the foods I NEED in this house to keep me well. To keep my mind, body and spirit shining again.

But right now I feel like hell, quite frankly.

But tomorrow is a new day...hitting the market tonight, and contemplating the elliptical too. Tomorrow, I will take care of myself with a full workout like I used to do only a week ago (but it feels like forever). I went from working out and running on alternating days to this. THIS. And this is not acceptable for me. I miss my me time...I miss not feeling like superwoman...and I can control that...so I begin again. And its okay. 

Its never too late to get back to your heart's desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment