Take a look around...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In honor of hot flashes...

Today's blog focus, thanks to my day long battle with hot flashes and headaches, is surrounding the issue of fitness/nutrition while in the not so beautiful glow of perimenopause. Being 42 comes with a whole host of issues that are seperate and apart from the standard, you need to move your ass to keep it looking good issue.

As someone who is currently entering peri-menopause at a breakneck speed, I thought it may be beneficial to offer an article link today that offer some helpful information on fitness for those of us approaching full blown menopause (ie perimenopause), or in the throws of it currently. I particularly like this article: Future Fitness Plan Pre- and Post Menopause Fitness in More Magazine. The article advises what may seem like an awful lot of working out - cardio, strength train, targeting the lower belly...but as someone who has discovered fitness later in life...my challenges are doubly difficult...for instance...in all those beautiful progress photos I've shared, my belly was flat...the past two weeks...NOT flat...and there has been no major change to my routine which means I need to amp it up, pay stricter attention to what i'm eating and learn to target that area.

That said, I did a full hour work out yesterday and will be hitting the pavement for a run after work. The hormones are all over the place today between headaches and hot flashes I'm a supa-dupa mess...but you know what helps? Keeping to my fitness and nutrition goals...its better to arrive late to this world of healthy living than not at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment