Take a look around...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

make a change/see a change

Another semi busy weekend is in the works...luckily I already did my three C25k sessions this week. Kick off week 4 tomorrow. The funny thing is, I missed running this morning. Which startled me. I was almost sad. And technically, yes I still could have done the week 4 segment early, but I want the longing. I WANT to miss it. And it appears I do. I did do my Perkins 360 Tone...amazing how it still challenges me but in different ways. 

Oh, and last night was 80's night at our local hang out. As a teen of the 80's I took prime advantage and dressed up, sprayed the hair within an inch of its life and had a blast. The cool thing that I didn't expect was when I looked at the pics from last night...I didn't recognize my body. My body looks different. 

Not thinner, no. 
Not skinny either. 
Just more lean. 

And I think this is a BIG learning for me. there is a difference between thin, skinny and lean. For me, lean is where its at. There is no better feeling than  feeling really good and strong and energized. But it would be a lie if I did not admit that after seeing the pic of me in my black mini skirt, turquoise blue fishnets and neon pink leg warmers - i thought wow, are those MY legs??? 

I think this fitspirational quote/fact really sums it up perfectly...


Its hard. Sometimes I look at certain areas of my body that are slower to change than others, and those days on occasion I have my..."is it really that important?". I'm 42, who cares if my arms aren't lean and toned and strong. And then a resounding, proud strong voice comes back and say I DO. I CARE. It feels TOO GOOD. Keep GOING!

And so I do. The negativity surrounds us, in society, in our own circles and sometimes in our own heads. But if you change your focus - realize this is not about keeping up with the 24 year old with the flat abs - its about being the best you, you have ever been at any age. I will not ever have my 20 something year old body back...but after seeing my 80's theme night pics from last night...i'm not sure I would want that body back.

My best advice...is do this for YOU. Trust me...and you don't need a fad diet...you don't need those things. You need to WORK at changing your lifestyle one minute, one hour, one day at a time. There are no quick fixes. And if there are...they are just that. Quick. But not permanent. Not life changing (atleast in my view and from what i've seen).

I strongly suggest my Holly Perkins' plan for anyone that wants to do this right...for anyone that sincerely just wants to take those steps, realistic, healthy steps. You can find her on facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment